Monday, July 8, 2019

Brent had a pretty good afternoon with great baby steps. I went home to take a nap and all sorts of activity occurred while I was gone. I decided maybe I should leave more often? 🤷‍♀️

We’ve had an amazing nurse today. She’s all about making him comfortable. She was able to reduce and eventually discontinue both blood pressure meds. His blood pressure thus far has stayed in a good range without the meds. If the trend continues he will be extubated tomorrow. She also reduced the sedation and he was able to communicate a little bit through hand motion and scribbling on paper.  The sedation is back up due to him being too agitated. He wanted to know what day it was, and also told them he was hot. I brought a small fan from home for him.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I feel them and he is evidence of them.

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys!! I am praying and put his name in at the Temple. Let me know if we can do anything for you or your family!!

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read this. I hope the night went just as well. Every time I see that same ventilator today I know it's going to remind me of you. I'll be praying for you all! ��

    ReplyDelete