Friday update:
Brent’s still holding tight in the hospital. I can’t really remember what I’ve posted and someone asked me this morning if he was still in the ICU. No, he’s out of the ICU just chillin in a normal room. He’s tired, weak, and sore from the fever and the restraints and the intubation. He’s eating, getting up for short walks, and currently watching the Tour de France. They pumped him full of so many fluids and now he can hardly move. Working on getting rid of all of that. The only things he’s currently hooked up to is his TPN and the IV antibiotics. They put a PICC line in yesterday but he still has the central line in his neck that they had to put in in the ICU. All in all he’s as good or better than expected. I guess that’s kind of a dumb statement since we didn’t expect him to make it this time. 🤷♀️
I know I always say this, but it is so very true each and every time we face a crisis. You, our support team, are what gets us through. We believe in the power of the Priesthood, the power of prayer, and miracles.
I read a post yesterday by a sweet young woman that we know. I am always questioning why we have been so blessed with so many miracles. Yes, we’ve gone through hell and back too many times to count, and yes, our ‘normal’ is definitely not normal. Why, when my friends and loved ones have lost their sweet precious babies, spouses, and faced other trials, are we the recipients of so many miracles, small and large? I wish I had an answer. I do NOT believe that we are more deserving, more worthy, or that Brent has a greater work here to do than any of those who have not survived. I do not believe that more people are praying for us, than were praying for them. I do NOT believe that God loves us more than anyone else. What I do believe is that He is aware of us. He does love each of us irregardless of our beliefs, lifestyle, sin, and faults. Each of us has a purpose to fulfill. We don’t know how long our time on earth will be. For some it has been cut oh so painfully short. Others live to be 100. I do not have the answer as to why some receive the miracle they are hoping for, and others may not. I do know that sometimes the miracle is not what we expected. The miracle may be comfort and peace granted to a broken heart, it may be that the miracle is not to be healed and the trial taken from us, but to see life restored and the acts of service and love performed all around us.
We are eternally grateful for Brent’s life being restored once again.
UPDATE: the dr just released him to go home today!!!!
Friday, July 12, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment