Not a whole lot to update today. It was a rough night with no sleep for either of us. He texted me at 1:30am saying his heart rate was high. One would naturally worry after having a heart attack and open heart surgery. Go figure. He was also in pain. I was listening in on the whole thing on the phone. The PA didn’t seem too concerned, meanwhile I’m freaking out. He thinks it is caused by the pain.They administered Toradol and a drug to bring the heart rate down but it kept going back and forth. They did an ekg and determined it wasn’t an svt, but most likely just a flutter. Today Dr Caine said if it doesn’t level off by itself by tomorrow morning they will cardiovert the heart, which is essentially a reboot. They stop your heart and start it again hoping to regain a normal heart rhythm.
We are mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. We need sleep and a normal heart rhythm.
Thank you to our angel neighbors who mowed and weeded the garden this morning while I was still in bed having a mental health day. I love you. ❤️
Thanks also to all those helping Tina move into her new apartment tonight. You’re the best. 💞.
Here’s hoping for sleep and a quiet night for Brent at the hospital.
July 6 th is a rough day for us. Last year on July 6 th was the day Brent went into septic shock and I was told to call the family in to say our goodbyes. Obviously he survived that bout of sepsis but it left us pretty emotionally unstable. So glad he is still here on earth on this July 6th. 💞
Monday, July 6, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment