Sometimes no news is good news. Sometimes I just forget that I need to update the blog. Sometimes I’m just too tired. Today it’s probably a mixture of all three. I’m too tired to remember to post an update to tell you that he’s ok.
And by ok I mean that he’s still at home recovering. He’s still in a lot of pain and we are trying to figure out pain management. He’s also quite weak. We knew this one would not be a bounce back recovery. Patience is not one of our virtues sometimes.
We are still mindful of our blessings each day. Some of our dear friends and neighbors are going through much worse right now. We all have our own trials to push through. Our trials are not any worse than anyone else’s even though it seems like it some times. One of our family sayings is “Oh, then the clouds opened up and God said ‘I hate you, Alfalfa!’” But then other times we remember the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 121:7-9 “My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.”
If you’re still hanging in there with us, what to pray for? Pray that we can figure out a pain management that works, pray Brent can rest and sleep. Pray for the end of Covid-19, especially hospital visitor restrictions, as my friend is fighting for her life alone in the hospital. That’s just wrong on so many levels.
Thanks for checking in. We love you. Lots.
Monday, July 13, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment