Tuesday, July 7, 2020

We are thankful for the prayers being said in our behalf. Last night was the first night I actually slept since last Tuesday. Brent had a relatively quiet night also. (A true quiet night is not even possible in the hospital.) His heart rate stayed below 100 most of the night and the cardioversion was not necessary today. He has been up walking today.

The Drs are starting to transition him from the treatments and meds that he’s on right now to the things he can do and have here at home. Granted, we are experienced enough to do so much more at home than most people. He will start over on the six weeks of IV daptomycin and other medications to try to ensure that the new heart valve is staph-epi free. Infectious disease has to decide when he can have his central line put back in. He currently has a PICC again. I might be putting my nurses hat back on sooner than I thought I would.

I don’t share some things on the blog, even though it seems I share too much sometimes. Some things are too raw, sacred, and too messy to share. I do want to share a couple things that bring me peace. We usually go to sleep listening to peaceful music. The song Be Still My Soul is the first song on our playlist. So many times I need to step back and just be still. It is then that we truly can feel the healing peace that the Savior offers.

Be Still, My Soul

1. Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev’ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav’nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast’ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

Also, I was reading this talk today.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2020/04/53gimenez

This stuck out to me:

“President Russell M. Nelson taught that “Saints can be happy under every circumstance. … When the focus of our lives is on God’s plan of salvation … and Jesus Christ and His gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening—or not happening—in our lives. Joy comes from and because of Him. He is the source of all joy” (“Joy and Spiritual Survival,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2016, 82).
Of course, it is easier to say these things when we are not in the midst of a storm than to live and apply them during the storm. But as your brother, I hope you can feel that I sincerely want to share with you how valuable it is to know that Jesus Christ and His Atonement are the refuge that we all need, regardless of the storms that are battering our lives.”

I’m full of gratitude for my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment