Friday, June 26, 2020

Quick update.

Not much to report actually. Brent is feeling much better after losing 5-6 liters of fluid since last night. 😲.

We are waiting for the official word on the echo and to see if they need to do a TEE or not.

Preliminary plans are to continue the IV antibiotics at home, along with lasix to keep the fluid off until the six weeks are up. At that time they will re evaluate the heart valve and determine if it can be replaced by doing minimally evasive catheter surgery or full open heart. The valve has been damaged and is not functioning well enough to keep the fluid buildup from happening.

So, being cautiously optimistic about avoiding immediate surgery right now. As for release date, we still don’t know that.

Here’s my soapbox, so you can stop reading now. I won’t be offended. I won’t even know!

When I leave on Sunday I will not be permitted to return to the hospital. Covid numbers are through the roof. If you think it’s a bunch of bull, numbers are skewed, a political farce, or that we are being manipulated and are victims of fear mongering, perhaps some of it is true, but for the most part I beg to differ with you. It is real. It is affecting families. It is affecting our family. The hospitals ARE suffering, and being filled which in turn affects those who do not have covid being able to get the care they need. I could go on. I’ve pretty much remained silent on social media concerning my thoughts on this. I’ve unfollowed many people because I can’t handle the stress of their posts. We can agree to disagree. We’re still family and friends, I just can’t take it emotionally right now. I think I’m correct in my research and stance and you may think exactly the opposite in your stance and research. For every study, statistic, medical professional, or personal opinion, there is an equal number of studies, statistics, medical professionals and personal opinions to refute it. 🤷🏻‍♀️  Can we all just agree that it needs to stop? Can we all just agree that each human being is precious in the sight of God? We are all fighting our own dragons. Just be nice. Stop telling me I’m an idiot for wearing a mask. Just be nice.

Ok, I’ve stepped off my soapbox. Can we all agree that there is power in prayer, positive vibes, etc? We feel them and we are appreciative of your love and concern and all that you do or offer to do, even though we never take you up on it. It means so much. The texts, the love, the virtual hugs, etc. may you be blessed in your lives as you serve us in ours.

Brent & Lisa (although the soapbox part is strictly Lisa) 💞🙏🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment