Well, I know you’re all wondering what the decision is. Funny story, so are we. Suffice it to say we had a frustrating day today. They did not do the TEE. They only did a regular echo. We never saw the ID doc or the surgeon so nothing is happening and we don’t know anything. I left at 9:00 with no answers.
Oooooookay, maybe disregard what I just wrote above. I mean, yes, we are frustrated, but I just got a text from Brent. Brent says we have another miracle to report. Dr Caine just came in after performing a surgery on someone else that took longer than expected. He says he was happy with the results of the echo and he is fine with Brent coming home on antibiotics for six weeks with constant blood cultures and echos. If after the six weeks he still feels like the valve needs to be replaced he would consider doing it via a catheter, not open heart. He says when Infectious Disease signs off on him he can come home. Now we don’t know what time frame that is. Hopefully we see them tomorrow.
The miracle is that he doesn’t have to have open heart surgery. The miracle is that sometimes prayers are answered the way we hope. The miracle is that we still have Brent.
So, once again we thank you for being a part of our lives. Thank you for prayers in our behalf. Thank you for loving us. Here’s hoping that all continues to go well with negative blood cultures and that he can come home and we can actually get some sleep. We love you.
Friday, June 12, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment