So I’m not really sure which direction my roller coaster is going right now. Is it that moment when you’re slowly going up and you’re filled with fear and trepidation? Is it the out of control wind through your hair screaming as you are falling downward? Or is it the flying uncontrollably derailment? Whatever it is I want off.
We were blessed to have Brent come home yesterday. It’s always nerve wracking because, well, just because.
Today I rushed him to the ER with severe chest pains. The ER in Provo. Nuff said.
They determined he was not having a heart attack but could not figure out why he was in so much pain. They consulted Brents cardio team in Murray and they all decided he needed to be transported to IMED. He got a nauseating ride in an ambulance to IMED.
Covid sucks. Nuff said. Not looking for pity, just being raw and honest. I sat outside the ER doors and sobbed uncontrollably. Joseph came. Tina came. We all sat there and waited.
The Dr called me and explained what was happening. He was getting ready to transport him. I asked if I could say goodbye. He came out and got me and we were able to say our goodbyes. We saw the ambulance arrive and waited until they brought him out and waved and yelled. The paramedics waved me over, said not to tell anyone, and I got one more hug. So thankful.
When he got to IMED they repeated blood work and the heart attack indicator was now through the roof. He was indeed having a heart attack. We were able to talk and Dr Chan also talked to me telling me what was happening. She said he was headed to the cath lab for an angiogram. Insert a tender mercy here. Michelle got a phone call from her old roommate and friend that she saw his name and stayed to be his cath lab nurse. Thank so much Lindsay.
The angiogram was quick and they found a clot in his front artery. They were able to remove it.
Brent is now scheduled for open heart surgery on Thursday. We can’t risk any more damage to the heart.
This is all just so crazy. It’s frightening. It’s risky. It just plain sucks.
He’s tired. He’s frustrated. He’s scared. And by he, I mean we.
If you feel so inclined, our friend gang is fasting and praying on Thursday. Feel free to add your prayers, good thoughts, vibes, whatever it is you do or believe in. I’m sorry to sound so dramatic all the time. This is a big one. The risks are higher the second time around. He still has staph epi floating around. He’s tired and weak. I pray that he is blessed with the strength and endurance he so needs right now.
Oh what a difference a day makes.
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am praying so hard for you guys and will be fasting, too. You're one of the best families I know and my heart is aching for all of you right now.
ReplyDeleteWe are definitely praying and fasting for all of you but especially for Brent. He is in God's hands. And that's the best place to be!
ReplyDeleteLove you two so much and offering prayers for you both. Much love and hugs.
ReplyDeleteThis made me cry.
ReplyDeletePraying and Fasting for him and your family. Sending love ...
ReplyDelete