Monday, June 29, 2020

So, when I left the hospital last night at 10:30, we weren’t sure whether Brent would be able to come home anytime soon, or if he would be headed in for heart surgery. Alls we knew for certain was that the visitor restrictions would go into effect this morning due to the rising numbers of covid in Utah. As heartbreaking as it was to leave last night, I drove the 40 minute drive home relatively calm. I thought to myself, wow, someone is praying for me because I should be hysterical right now. (We all know how calm, cool, and collected I am.) not.

We both slept unusually well last night and then I got a text saying he was going to be discharged today. 😳. Ok. It was one of those situations where they weren’t doing anything there that we can’t do at home. We are perfectly capable of doing IV antibiotics at home and have done so many times.

There is still no surgical plan in place to replace the heart valve. We have an appt with our infectious disease doc on Thursday. After that appt we will decide if it is sooner rather than later. Yes, the valve definitely needs to be replaced as he is showing signs of heart failure. However, it is not emergent at this point. By ‘sooner’ we mean in the next week. By ‘later’ we mean within the next few weeks.

As always, the plan can change at any given moment.

There have been many times throughout all of this (the past 14 1/2 yrs) where we have without a doubt felt the power of your love, concern, prayers, positive vibes, etc. so strongly. This has definitely been one of those times. There has been so much uncertainty and despair but just when I feel like I was sinking, someone throws me a life jacket. Someone, somewhere petitioned for strength or peace or sleep or hope, and that petition was heard and granted. From the very bottom of our hearts we thank you. We have a testimony of the power of prayer. The power of friendship. The power of service. The power of priesthood blessings. The power of God.

Is everything ok? Is Brent better? No. Not at all. But we are given the strength and wisdom and power to accept the decisions made and the course that he needs to take. For this and all of you we are thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment