Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday

Brent wanted me to post, but I wasn't really sure there was anything to post. It's pretty much the same as yesterday. We are still waiting to see if the wound vac comes off or not. Should be soon . . . we hope. We've learned that hospital time is not in the same realm as our time. :)

After I left last night he got up and walked 3 laps of the floor which is 3/10 of a mile. Yay! We had just walked 2 laps before I left.

Today he's having a harder time all around. Frustration and little annoyances have set in, like perhaps the small children visiting grandma next door who were running through the hallways screaming and banging on doors at 2 in the morning. HELLO. Sometimes you've just got to wonder.

The CT from yesterday showed fluid in the lungs, which is normal with the 10+ lbs. of fluid he is carrying around right now. The accelerated heart rate they believe is due to that and the normal process of just trying to balance everything out post-op.

They did just give the go ahead for some Gatorade w/salt! (those of you unfamiliar with Brent's rehydration system, don't worry, this is normal) So, he can start sipping on that today.

Other than that, it's just a sit and wait game. We like games. We are just hoping for ladders to climb instead of chutes to slide down. :) Ok, maybe I DO need more sleep, that was pretty cheesy. Oh well. At least I'm not loopy.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment