Saturday, November 27, 2010

Leaving Brent at the hospital, especially when he is in the ICU, is the most difficult thing for me to do. I guess I have this unrealistic thought that if I am there with him, nothing will go wrong. It was very difficult to leave him tonight. The ICU kicks you out from 7-8:30 (a.m. and p.m.) for shift changes. Dr. Price made me promise that I would come home and sleep in my own bed tonight. After having not slept for 2 days, Dennis (Brent's brother who flew up from St.George), drove me home.

So, here I sit, worrying like crazy and wondering if he is ok. All sorts of stupid thoughts go through your mind. I will call soon just to make sure he is ok. When I left he had a pretty high fever. He is fighting a lot of infection. We didn't know the extent of his infections until after surgery. He was pretty messed up inside.

It was amazing to come home to a clean house and a hot meal. Going to sleep now. Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, good deeds, love and concern. May you be blessed for your efforts.

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get some sleep.
    We're praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in our prayers.

    Sending "get well" vibes long distance,
    Derrik & Rachel

    ReplyDelete