Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ugh.

So, today we had a follow-up with Dr. Price in Salt Lake City. Brent is smart enough to pre-medicate himself before our visits with Dr. Price. He has been known to do cruel and unusual things in his office, all the while forgetting that Brent is not on the operating table, completely unconscious, but is indeed, very awake. :)

Today was no exception. If you recall, last week, the other Dr. Price made a small incision in Brent's side to drain a strange abscess. All week it has been fine, and not really draining anything. Last night when I was changing the packing/dressing, apparently somehow another pocket was opened up. I'll spare you the gross details. You're welcome.

So, today, Dr. Price decided there was yet another pocket that needed to be drained (#3 if you're keeping count) and he made a rather large incision (about 3 times as large as the one already there). Poor Brent. I'm not looking forward to tonight's dressing change. Oh well. One of these days I 'm going to submit a bill for my services to our insurance company. I've seen what nurses get paid, and I could rake in a pretty hefty amount. I wish.

So, now what? Good question. Now we hope and pray that there are no more pockets, and that the nice big hole in his side heals up. Only time will tell.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment