Well, I'm home and can finally update the blog. Not sure why the itouch wouldn't do it. oh well. So, long day/night. Went to the ER in Murray at 3:00 yesterday. Brent was in pain and running fevers and his blood work from yesterday morning was through the roof. Not good. Dr. Price wanted us to go to the ER up there because he was on call. Waited and waited and waited some more, then finally got in a room. Had a CT scan at about 8:00, and it showed pockets of air and bowel content in the muscle wall. Dr. Price took Brent into surgery at about 10:00, hoping to be able to go in through the incision in his side that is still open. Unfortunately, that did not work. He had to make a normal incision down the belly again. He found another fistula, which he removed, and also found a hole in his intestine, causing the leakage, and subsequently all of the infection and abscesses. He closed up the hole, and promised me he stitched it many times, glued it, prayed over it, and pulled healthy intestine over it to seal it off. (healthy intestine is relative when talking about Brent). So, now he has 2 open incisions to heal, but we lost no intestine, which is very good, as he does not have any to loose. I'm sure I'm missing a whole bunch of medical stuff to report, but I'm so tired I can't think straight. Gotta go to a funeral, pack some stuff, get it up to brent, and get back home before the storm of the century hits at about 3. I hope and pray Michelle makes it home in time before the storm.
Thanks once again for all the concern and prayers. Have a good Thanksgiving.
Lisa
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are in my prayers!
ReplyDelete